Benedictine Volunteer Corps
Part of a Larger Family
The Belmont Abbey Benedictine Volunteer Corps (BABCV) is a member of the worldwide Benedictine Volunteer Corps, which is sponsored by St. John’s Abbey in Collegeville, MN. The program gives student volunteers an inside look at monastic life while also supporting the monastery through work and fellowship.
What Our Volunteers Do
Our volunteers engage in spiritual, intellectual and manual activity, including:
- Studying the Rule of St. Benedict and other monastic texts.
- Participating in daily prayer at the monastery.
- Eating with the monks at least once a day.
- Engaging in assigned work 30-40 hours per week.
What the Abbey Provides
Belmont Abbey furnishes many of the necessities for the volunteers, including:
- A monthly stipend.
- Round-trip airfare.
- Five hundred dollars toward health coverage for the time of volunteer service.
- Food and lodging.
- An on-site contact person.